JDBC drivers for MySQL and MS SQL 2000

Lars Andersen lars@rimfaxe.com
Tue Jun 24 14:50:00 GMT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-24 at 14:59, fernando@lozano.eti.br wrote:
> Hi Lars,
>
> > I have also succeeded in making the JDBC drivers for MS SQL 2000 work.
> > I have made packs that contain a Makefile and stubbed sun.io classes.
> > The jdbc driver is not included. You must get it yourself, because of
> > redistribution restrictions.
>
> These would work under Linux or only on Win32?
>
> []s, Fernando Lozano

Both.

But when compiling for windows you must link the driver in statically.

Short Howto Linux:

I prefer to load the .so via System.load("/path/to/libMS_SQL_2000.so");
>From then on it's plain jdbc like you're used to.

Short Howto Windows:

instead of using the .so dynamic library you take all the .o object
files and link then into your app. This works for me.

I have an app running for the past week on a WinXP machine that accesses
a MS SQL database. Works just fine.

Does the makefile work in mingw? I haven't tried it myself...
I'm crosscompiling from linux.

--
/Lars Andersen