InetSocketAddress w/ connect fails

Mohan Embar gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Fri Jun 20 13:13:00 GMT 2003

Hi People,

> > Is this build from Mohan based on GCC 3.3 or on GCC 3.4 ? I fixed this
> > bug lately in CVS trunk branch (future GCC 3.4). I think the original
> > author never tested using the Socket constructor with no arguments.
> >
> > I would like to fix this GCC 3.3 branch. Should I write a patch for
> > this ? Does somebody knows the status of this branch ?
>
>I do.
>
> > I cant find anything on the website.
>
>gcj policy is to fix bugs in mainline and on the branch.  We won't
>apply new features to the branch.

While we're on this topic: I'm currently throwing the MingW 3.4 networking
code around. I know that I can look into Mauve, but in the short term, if
anyone wants to send me some of their pet, preferably-one-file, deterministic,
non-interactive networking tests, I can try to run them against my upcoming
3.4 patch. Ideally, such a test would be accompanied by diffable, reproducible
output from a run against the JRE.

Any volunteers?

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/