Compiling MySQL jdbc drivers

Lars Andersen lars@rimfaxe.com
Mon Jun 16 21:57:00 GMT 2003

> I don't know how to do it dynamically. I use
> libcom-mysql-jdbc-3-1-nightly-20030316.a and link it into the
> executable. Good luck with the .so/.dll approach. Let me know if that
> works as well.

Yes!

It worked right away!

I have made a simplistic makefile like this :

#
# MYSQL JDBC for use with GCJ
#

JAVA_COMPILER=/usr/local/bin/gcj

libMySQL_JDBC.so : libMySQL_JDBC.o
        $(JAVA_COMPILER) \
        libMySQL_JDBC.o \
        -shared -o libMySQL_JDBC.so

libMySQL_JDBC.o : com/mysql/jdbc/profiler/*.java  com/mysql/jdbc/*.java
org/gjt/mm/mysql/Driver.ja
        $(JAVA_COMPILER)  -Wno-deprecated -c \
        com/mysql/jdbc/profiler/*.java \
        org/gjt/mm/mysql/Driver.java \
        com/mysql/jdbc/*.java \
        -o libMySQL_JDBC.o

I load libMySQL_JDBC.so into my app, and off I go...

I will make a zip of it all, and put it up for general download.
Excpect it done sometime tomorrow.

/Lars Andersen