Problems with Mohans GCJ 20030522 build

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Mon Jun 2 17:38:00 GMT 2003

>  > bytecode from 221 to before 224
>  >        [apply] gcj.exe: installation problem, cannot exec
> `as': No such
>  > file or directory
>
> Where is `as' installed on your system?  It shouldn't be in
> gcc-3.3\bin.

In Mohans build, which I'm using, it is in thisiscool-gcc\gcc-3.3\bin.

- MinGW 3.2 works without "as" being in the path(I later switch to
Mohans 3.3 build).
- This was not a problem until Mohans build >20030409
- One nice feature about the way MinGW and Mohans build is
organized(as in  gcc-3.3\bin) is that I don't need to have gcj or
as in the path. This is useful for letting my build scripts choose
compiler version. I'm developing two branches of my app at the
same time, service packs and main trunk, and I have to use different
compilers for each branch.

Øyvind