installing GCJ 3.3 and deploying executables constructed with it

chris burdess dog@bluezoo.org
Fri Jul 11 17:02:00 GMT 2003

Tom Tromey wrote:
> >> there is a known problem with fastjar whereby it can't read jars
> >> generated by eclipse (and perhaps some others), saying that the zip
> >> file contains comments. apart from that i have not had any
> >> exceptional worries.
>
> Hey, this isn't known to me!  Could whoever wrote this (there was no
> attribution and gnus couldn't find the reference message) please put
> it in bugzilla, preferably with the smallest possible failing .jar
> file as an attachment?
>
> Our goal is to have a complete java system, including a
> fully-functioning "jar".  So if we aren't reading one properly, we do
> need to fix it.

sorry; i seem to recall having read these symptoms before on the list.

i have entered a new bug report into bugzilla : #11502, with the failing
jarfile as attachment as you suggest.
--
chris burdess