GCJ/MingW build entirely on Windows with no nasty hacks !! 8-)

John Murga john@murga.org
Sun Jan 19 18:36:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

>> But anyway, what follows is a complete step by step process to
>> creating a MINGW cross compiler on Cygwin without having to use
>> ANY nasty hacks... the only additional patch is one that I also
>> have to apply to the Makefile when building under RH8...

RM> This is nice! Did you also try building a native compiler under
RM> Cygwin using these steps?

I didn't see the point for my purposes as Cygwin is nicer to work
in than msys while still hosted under Windows, so I am working in
the same way as if it was a native build... however, I don't see
any reason why it shouldn't work...

BTW my initial tests where carried out on Win2K running with FAT32,
I have since tried it on NT4 with NFTS with the same results...

I don't know if it'll work under Windows 98.

Cheers
JohnM