GCJ snapshots for Windows?

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@hotmail.com
Sun Jan 12 02:25:00 GMT 2003

Erik Poupaert wrote:
> Now that the visa problems for Ranjit's patches are out of the way, does
> anybody know what it would take to build gcc/gcj natively under mingw,
> instead of cross-compiling?

The "visa problems" were there only for the JNI patches (which has
a further "visa problem" of the GCC powers that be accepting a
new target macro, but that's another story...). It does not necessarily
imply that GCJ would build natively under MinGW after these are
applied...

> I have a recent CVS snapshot on my machine, and I would like to unleash a
> native compilation. Does the CVS snapshot still need additional patches or
> other tweaking?

You will need patches for MinGW against the GCC CVS:

     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.devel/240

Since these are a bit old, you might need to adapt them to
the current CVS...

See this message as well if you get errors compiling libstdc++-v3:

     http://article.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnu.mingw.devel/284

After this, give it a try and if you encounter any problems
we can try ironing them out - either here or (better I guess)
off the list.

Beware though that when I had given it a try aeons ago, I faced
problems due to the case-insensitive nature of Windows filesystems
as well as spurious "class being loaded for the second time" errors.
I don't know how the situation with respect to these problems is
in the current CVS.

Best of Luck!

Sincerely Yours,
Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew        Email: rmathew AT hotmail DOT com
Bangalore,