dylibs for libtools and friends?

Andreas Tobler toa@pop.agri.ch
Fri Feb 28 22:07:00 GMT 2003

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Andreas> I can try, but first I have to find an up-to-date libtool. And then I
> Andreas> have to find about the magic flag enable_shared which gets
> Andreas> disabled. Somehwere in the toplevel gcc dir.
>
> Andreas> It's not that transparent and obvious...
>
> No, not at all.  That's one of the major gripes about libtool.
> Also, I think our libtool is not pristine; there are local hacks.

Hm, in the libtool cvs they have some up-to-date darwin things. I wonder
if this will be candidate sometimes to be imported.

At least I get that far:

checking dynamic linker characteristics... darwin6.3 dyld
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -p output... ok
creating libtool

Now I await bootstrap finishing and see what I have to modify in the
library section.
Don't expect too much, this is hard hackery, some kind of trial and
error. And a bit of James Dean, 'they do not know what they are doing'.

I wish I'd have a dual G4. Than it would be a bit easier ;)
Like the Enterprise 2, which is quite speedy compared with the Sparc 5 I
have. And you can make -j 2 ....

Andreas