GCJ 3.3 crash with string handling reproduceable case

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@hotmail.com
Fri Feb 28 09:24:00 GMT 2003

> > I tried compiling it all using BCC 5.5, but BCC died out on
> > multiple definition errors in gc_cpp.h (though it should not be...).
>I was just discussing that with a non-gcj user.  It appears to be easily
>fixable, and will be fixed in 6.2alpha4.  Remove the definitions of
>operator delete with 2 void * parameters.

Thanks, did that and removed the inline definitions for these
as well and changed the "del gc.lib" to "if exist gc.lib del gc.lib"
in BCC_MAKEFILE and it worked for me - I could make a gctest.exe.

The great thing is that this executable worked just fine with
the following output in gc.log:
----------------------------- 8< -----------------------------
Completed 1 tests
Allocated 571421 collectable objects
Allocated 101 uncollectable objects
Allocated 1250000 atomic objects
Allocated 10880 stubborn objects
Finalized 2206/2206 objects - finalization is probably ok
Total number of bytes allocated is 53732008
Final heap size is 3727360 bytes
Collector appears to work

though the ftp.sigma6.com server no longer seems to be
in existence. Besides, I tried compiling without
-DALL_INTERNAL_POINTERS and verified that the
GC_push_all( ) problem in win32_threads.c that he was
referring to is fixed now, but it is still crashing. :-(

Ranjit.