libgcj on win32 (mingw) - target: java.io.File.listRoots(); doesn't work

Ranjit Mathew rmathew4lists@hotmail.com
Wed Feb 26 11:49:00 GMT 2003

> But that just brought me round to a new problem:
>
> File drive = new File("d:\\");
> File[] dirs = drive.listFiles();
>
> throws a NullPterException in the second line. If I use c:\\ instead of
d:\\
> it works all right. If I use e:\\ instead it just shows the contents of
the
> dir where the prog resides. (c, d, e are all fat partitions)
> with cd drives it works

??? This was already solved:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2003-q1/msg00164.html

Mohan, does your GCJ source tree snapshot not contain this patch?

Simon, you can confirm that it is the same bug by passing "e:\\."
(assuming your program resides in the E drive) and it should
work as expected.

If it is, just hold on for a while please...

If all goes well, tonight I hope to submit a patch fleshing
out the unimplemented methods in natFileWin32.cc (including
performListRoots( )).

Ranjit.