size reduction

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Tue Feb 25 09:44:00 GMT 2003

> I don't quite understand how to strip out the unused libgcj
> classes, but that would definitely be desirable (if it is not
> done automatically). Is there a way to tell the compiler to
> get rid of everything that is not reached by --main and a
> list of additional classes?

I'm having a faint hope of pitching Java for some embedded ARM
work as well... The project has not yet started, but there are
rumours about using looking at GCC + JTAG for emulator.

Adam has done some work on this, though I haven't been able to
find his scripts released anywhere....

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2002-02/msg00202.html

Sounds really neat!

Øyvind