size reduction

G. Hauer gilh@technolog.ca
Mon Feb 24 16:38:00 GMT 2003

Hi all,

Well, thanks to Andrew Green's generous assistance I've been able to
create an arm-elf gcj cross-compiler. I'm answering here since I think
it suffers from the same size problem.

Using the -s option I've been able to reduce a simple HelloWorld-type
application from 9.4M to 1.4M :) but, since I had intended to use this
in an embedded application, I don't think I'm quite there yet.

I'm going to try a build gcj with --disable-interpreter so determine
whether this makes a significant difference.

Gil