GCC 3.3 MingW Crossed-Native Build Fails on fastjar

Mohan Embar gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Sun Feb 23 02:07:00 GMT 2003

>> > The build fails on fastjar with the following unresolved symbols:
>> >
>> > jartool.o(.text+0x12ed):jartool.c: undefined reference to `opendir'
>> > jartool.o(.text+0x14b0):jartool.c: undefined reference to `readdir'
>> > jartool.o(.text+0x153a):jartool.c: undefined reference to `closedir'

>BTW, if you're using 3.3/3.4, this should no longer be necessary for
>MinGW as the GCC specs file itself adds -lmingwex. You *are* using the
>3.3 cross-compiler to build the crossed native compiler, right?

Ranjit (or anyone else that knows how to do this), I'm redoing the
crossed-native build and the same fastjar error is occurring. I did
a grep in ALL files in the gcc source distribution and was unable to
find mingwex in any of them.

I'm willing to add this, but I don't know the right place to put it.
Is it configure.in? I suspect the same problem will occur for libjava
and gcc, because I recall these breaking the first time around.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/