addr2line and the name of the executable

Mohan Embar gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Wed Feb 19 15:08:00 GMT 2003

Ranjit> > If we need the actual path to the executable, this is best
Ranjit> > served by something like _Jv_platform_getexecutable( ) as
Ranjit> > Mohan's patch suggests.

Andrew> Okay.

So are you all saying that my patch is okay? Any comments as to my
implementation? Do I just submit it as-is?

Ranjit> > In "normal" Java programs, this is replaced by
Ranjit> > "Usage: java FooBar <whatever>" since this used to be the only
Ranjit> > way to invoke a Java program. However, with a natively
Ranjit> > compiled Java program, one cannot assume this and needs
Ranjit> > access to something like argv[0]

I wasn't clear from this whether it was okay for _Jv_platform_executable()
to supersede the argv[0] implementation or whether Ranjit thought we perhaps
needed both for different reasons.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/