Reprise: Naked Dllmain in boehm-gc

Boehm, Hans hans_boehm@hp.com
Tue Feb 18 22:09:00 GMT 2003

I don't think it is.  In the standalone collector there also used to not be a way to build the multithreaded version except as a dll.  DllMain was necessary for the collector to get notification of new threads.  Those restrictions were gradually eased in the gcj version by assuming more explicit cooperation from new threads.  It looks like this just isn't quite right yet.

> Ranjit> If not, we definitely should as it otherwise breaks
> the case mentioned
> Ranjit> above as well as "gcj -shared".
>
> Sounds reasonable to me.  Could you write a patch against current cvs?
> If it is still needed post-import I will check it in, provided Hans
> doesn't object.

Sounds reasonable to me, too.  Thanks.

Hans