GCJ compiled SWT apps mysteriously rummaging the harddrive

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Tue Feb 18 21:44:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Tue, 2003-02-18 at 10:04, Andrew Haley wrote:
>  > Maybe it would be good to make this into an option someone could disable
>  > if they know there won't be any precompiled shared libraries.
>
> Even if this facility were not available gcj would still mysteriously
> rummage the harddrive looking for class files.  After all, the only
> reason this is happening is that the program asked to load a class.

Yes, but I think it would also be a good idea to have an option to turn
off the interpreter. Especially for the people that seem to want to have
just one big (humongous) staticly linked application it seems to make
sense to be able to disable both the shared library classloading and the
bytecode classloading. It is probably as simple as checking a flag or
system property in natVMClassLoader.findClass() which does both shared
library classloading and loading the byte code through URLClassLoader.

Cheers,

Mark