Regression in GCJ 3.3 in parsing property files

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Feb 18 18:42:00 GMT 2003

Ranjit> The VMClassLoader has only "file:.\" as the base URL for
Ranjit> searching the file "build.properties".

Where does this string come from?

Is it really valid for a file: URL to use `\' as the separator?
My suspicion is that this sort of URL should always use `/'.

Note that one known bug in this area is that File.toURL doesn't
convert the path separator.  I think it should.

Or, I could be mistaken about all this and we would have to fix the
URL parsing code.  Can you find out?