os.arch and os.name is incorrect

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@hotmail.com
Sun Feb 16 16:57:00 GMT 2003

Cedric Berger wrote:
> This is not a bug, but IMHO an unfortunate choice.
> Think at the potential user of the os.arch property.
> Beside printing pretty messages, it will probably be
> used to identify a specific architecture, like Intel's one.

I just submitted a small patch to make "os.arch" more consistent
with Sun's JDK as pointed by Oyvind:

    http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2003-q1/msg00445.html

However, at least in my tests "os.name" is being returned in the
same manner as Sun's JDK - I've tested on Win98 and Win2K. Oyvind,
where are you seeing the difference in that?

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew        Email: rmathew AT hotmail DOT com
Bangalore,