Demangling of method names and addr2line/c++filt

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Thu Feb 13 11:16:00 GMT 2003

Ranjit Mathew writes:
 > > Surely the question is should c++filt work when passed the output of
 > > addr2line?
 >
 > Considering that the hapless "c++filt" is supposed to work when passed
 > the output of *either* "nm" (raw names) or "addr2line" (stripped-of-
 > leading-underscore names), IMHO you must help it out a little by passing
 > it a "-n" to indicate an addr2line output.

Perhaps so.  I can't help feeling, however, that there is a
non-negligible probability that this will break some other platforms.

Perhaps the "-n" could be a configurable option.  That would make me
happier with the proposal.

Andrew.