darwin threads on boehm-gc was Re: Status page

Andreas Tobler toa@pop.agri.ch
Wed Feb 12 14:37:00 GMT 2003

Andrew Haley wrote:

> You might be pleased to learn that Mac OS X, Version 10.2, just dropped
> into my mailbox.

Got mine as well yesterday. Copy number xyz. (10.2.3) Did you get the same?

> I presume that there will be a bunch of other software/upgrades/etc
> required before I can try building gcc.  I'd be grateful if you could
> let me know what I'll need.

Ok, the Developer tool should be part of the copy.

And then you need texinfo-4.2 at least.
Automake/Autoconf are delivered with, but in version 1.6/2.5x. So you
need a copy of this tools as well (the java tool chain.)

If you want to run tests then you also need dejagnu, expect, tcl and
last but not least a working kernel.
I can pass you one in priv.
The deja, expect versions are from cvs, tcl is 8.4.1.

Hope I didn't forget too much.

I placed all in /usr/local/ and built it myself.

Don't forget to create enough partitions while you're at it. HFS+ or ufs.

Let me know if you're stuck.

Andreas