boehm-gc gctest fails on darwin ? anyone else?

Andreas Tobler toa@pop.agri.ch
Tue Feb 11 05:28:00 GMT 2003

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Andreas> I found that the gctest from boehm-gc fails on trunk, while
> Andreas> it passes on 3.3 branch. The boehm source is identical in
> Andreas> both trees. The only mod I did, undef MPROTECT_VDB.
>
> Ouch, but at least 3.3 is ok.
3.2.3 also.

> Andreas> Anyone else on another platform seing this? Is it only
> Andreas> related to darwin?  Maybe this one: 'stack overflow' message
> Andreas> for Darwin; host hooks ?  gcc-patches?
>
> I'm not seeing this on x86 Linux.

Sparc is ok (2.8), linuxppc as well.

> I doubt it is the "stack overflow" patch.  That has to do with
> problems in gcc's internal GC.

You're right. I doubt it as well. But it has to do with gcc internals I
guess since 3.2.3 and 3.3 werks. And the source of gc didn't change in
3.3 vs. 3.4.

I'll see what's on.

Andreas