gnu.java.locale

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 03:33:00 GMT 2003

>>>>> "Brian" == Brian Sullivan <bsulliv@bbnow.net> writes:

Brian> Would it make sense to always automatically link in a special
Brian> gnu.java.StaticLinkRequired class within libgcj when statically
Brian> linking? That way, average code will work and any further changes to
Brian> reflection requirements are located in a single location.

We already do this in gnu.gcj.runtime.FirstThread.
Right now we only list those required to bootstrap the runtime.
The danger of adding more is that then you begin to counteract one of
the benefits of static linking, namely smaller footprint.