SWT Crash Problem with MingW/GCJ (UPDATED)

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Tue Feb 11 00:27:00 GMT 2003

Mohan> Last week, I sent out a message reporting a problem with my
Mohan> attempt to compile a HelloWorld program and its crashing with
Mohan> SWT/MingW. Erik was kind enough to reply to my original post,
Mohan> but when I sent out a more detailed description of my install,
Mohan> I got no response. I know I'm a newcomer to this group and that
Mohan> my message might be less pressing than other stuff you've got
Mohan> going on, but if I get a complete non-response, then I don't
Mohan> know whether:

I think the problem is that you're using a relatively rare
configuration.  I saw your message, but since I don't have Windows and
know next to nothing about it, I have pretty limited resources with
which to help.  Plus I saw that Erik had replied.

Given that Erik can't reproduce it, I think your next step will have
to be to debug the executable and see if you can figure out what is
going on.

Mohan> - this was a dumb newbie mistake that you don't even want to
Mohan> condescend to deal with

We generally try to answer every question.  We don't always succeed.
In my experience, newbie questions almost always get answered; usually
there's at least one person out there who wants to write "RTFFAQ" :-/.