Status page

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Mon Feb 10 20:14:00 GMT 2003

Says:

SGI Irix 6.5 on Mips (mips-sgi-irix6.5)
Works, but some tricks needed.

However, there is no libffi closure interface, so I would guess much
the Java API doesn't work at all.  There's no SEGV handler either.

I suggest we downgrade the status of this port until closures are
done.  It can't be used for anything useful as it stands, and having
half-done ports does our reputation no good at all.

IMO, only ports that catch null pointer exceptions in our testcases
and have a working class loader can be described as "OK" without
further qualification.  I suggest gcj on Irix be described as "works,
but unfinished" on the status page.

Andrew.