Problem compiling current classpath CVS head with current gcj CVS head

Mark Wielaard mark@klomp.org
Fri Feb 7 12:55:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

On Fri, 2003-02-07 at 13:27, Andrew Haley wrote:
> Michael Koch writes:
>  >
>  > I have troubles compiling classpath with current gcj from HEAD branch.
>  > With gcj 3.2.2 it compiles very well, with jikes too.

I am seeing the same thing with both 3.3 and mainline.
(Normally I compile Classpath with 3.2 which works fine.)

> We have some inner class bugs that we're fixing.
>
> It would help us if you could produce a test case that reproduces this
> problem.

Just create a new directory with just java/util/HashMap.java and
java/util/LinkedHashMap.java in it. Then:

$ /usr/local/gcc34/bin/gcj -C java/util/HashMap.java java/util/LinkedHashMap.java
java/util/LinkedHashMap.java:0: internal compiler error: tree check: expected expr_with_file_location, have record_type in find_as_inner_class_do, at java/parse.y:3629
Please submit a full bug report,
See <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/gcc/bugs.html> for instructions.

Note that order matters. The following compiles just fine.
gcj -C java/util/LinkedHashMap.java java/util/HashMap.java

That can also be used as a workaround for compiling Classpath. Make sure
that in the lib/classes file java/util/HashMap.java comes after
java/util/LinkedHashMap.java and then compile by hand
(from the lib directory):
$ /usr/local/gcc34/bin/gcj --bootclasspath '' -classpath ..:../external/jaxp/source:../vm/current:.: -C -d . @classes

Cheers,

Mark