SWT Crash Problem with MingW/GCJ

GNU Stuff gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Thu Feb 6 22:22:00 GMT 2003

Hi folks,

First off, thanks so much for all the work you've been doing. It's amazing.

I built the SWT on MingW as per Ranjit's instructions, using the shell script:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2002-12/msg00105.html

I used this GCJ snapshot:

gcj-3.2-20021210-1.tar.gz

The sample Hello program Hello.java works fine, but Hello2, which tries to do everything in a non-static method causes a crash with the following error:

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.

I scanned the mail list, but wasn't able to find anything immediately on this issue.

I am new to this list and mailing lists in general, so please educate me if I am not following proper protocol or should have taken some preliminary steps before posting this.

-- Mohan Embar

http://www.thisiscool.com