Merging java.text files from classpath ?

Michael Koch konqueror@gmx.de
Tue Dec 30 23:16:00 GMT 2003

Hi list,

today I just copied the files java/text/CollationElementIterator.javam java/
text/CollationKey.java and java/text/RuleBasedIterator.java from java to
libgcj, recompiled and tested the result.

Before the merge we got 17 failed tests with RuleBaseCollator and 23 failed
tests with CollationElementIterator. After the merge we got 4 failed tests
for with RuleBaseCollator  and 14 for CollationElementIterator. Unfortunately
the tests that fail now were passing before the merge.

The big advantage of this merge would be that less tests fail and the code is
merged with classpath AND maintained. Guilhem Lavaux is actively working on
the code used in classpath because kaffe uses the same code.

Should I go ahead and merge this stuff ? Any other ideas ?

Michael