new project using GCJ: pdftk, the PDF Tool Kit
Mon Dec 29 16:22:00 GMT 2003
Please consider adding my pdftk project to your 'GCJ projects' page:
Find my latest release announcement attached.
Thank you very much for GCJ and its libraries!
If PDF is electronic paper, then pdftk is an electronic staple-remover,
hole-punch, binder, secret-decoder-ring, and X-Ray-glasses. Pdftk is a
useful tool for handling PDF documents. Every PDF user should have one
in the top drawer of his/her desktop.
Use it to:
* Merge PDF Documents
* Split PDF Pages into a New Document
* Decrypt Input as Necessary (Password Required)
* Encrypt Output as Desired
* Burst a PDF Document into Single Pages
* Report on PDF Metrics, including Metadata and Bookmarks
* Uncompress and Re-Compress Page Streams
* Repair Corrupted PDF (Where Possible)
Pdftk is also an example of how to use a library of Java classes in a
stand-alone C++ program. Specifically, it demonstrates how GCJ and CNI
allows C++ code to use iText's (itext-paulo) Java classes.
This release includes a downloadable Windows program as well as complete
Please visit our site for more details and for downloads:
Pdftk is free software distributed under the GPL. Thank you for your
feedback and support.
More information about the Java