new project using GCJ: pdftk, the PDF Tool Kit

Sid Steward ssteward@AccessPDF.com
Mon Dec 29 16:22:00 GMT 2003

Hello-

Please consider adding my pdftk project to your 'GCJ projects' page:
http://gcc.gnu.org/java/done.html

Find my latest release announcement attached.

Thank you very much for GCJ and its libraries!

Sid Steward

--------------------------------------

If PDF is electronic paper, then pdftk is an electronic staple-remover,
hole-punch, binder, secret-decoder-ring, and X-Ray-glasses. Pdftk is a
useful tool for handling PDF documents. Every PDF user should have one
in the top drawer of his/her desktop.

Use it to:
   * Merge PDF Documents
   * Split PDF Pages into a New Document
   * Decrypt Input as Necessary (Password Required)
   * Encrypt Output as Desired
   * Burst a PDF Document into Single Pages
   * Report on PDF Metrics, including Metadata and Bookmarks
   * Uncompress and Re-Compress Page Streams
   * Repair Corrupted PDF (Where Possible)

Pdftk is also an example of how to use a library of Java classes in a
stand-alone C++ program. Specifically, it demonstrates how GCJ and CNI
allows C++ code to use iText's (itext-paulo) Java classes.

This release includes a downloadable Windows program as well as complete
source code.

Please visit our site for more details and for downloads:
http://www.accesspdf.com/pdftk/

Pdftk is free software distributed under the GPL.  Thank you for your
feedback and support.

Sid Steward