Creating native binaries using GNU-Crypto

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Thu Dec 11 00:51:00 GMT 2003

Stefan> GNU crypto was installed at prefix /home/prelle/platform/linuxpc
Stefan> where it placed two shared objects (lib-gnu-crypto.so and
Stefan> lib-javax-crypto.so) in the lib-path.

Stefan> gcj -g -O2 -o .libs/jcetest --main=org.mbus.apps.JCETest
Stefan> org/mbus/apps/JCETest.o  -L/local/prelle/src/gnu-crypto-1.1.0/build/jce
Stefan> ./.libs/libjmbus /home/prelle/platform/linuxpc/lib/lib-gnu-crypto.so
Stefan> /home/prelle/platform/linuxpc/lib/lib-javax-crypto.so -Wl,--rpath
Stefan> -Wl,/home/prelle/platform/linuxpc/lib

Hmm, this looks pretty reasonable to me.  It doesn't really look like
you've done anything wrong.

In theory you shouldn't need to link against these libraries; libgcj
ought to dlopen() them for you.

I suppose you might try debugging to find out why the class isn't
being found.  Not much of an answer, I know.