Errors when compiling libswt.a under winxp

sontriste@virgilio.it sontriste@virgilio.it
Mon Dec 8 14:10:00 GMT 2003

Michael Koch wrote:

>On Mon, Dec 08, 2003 at 02:39:19PM +0100, sontriste@virgilio.it wrote:
>

>>SWT_AWT.java: In class `org.eclipse.swt.internal.awt.win32.SWT_AWT$1':
>>SWT_AWT.java: In method
>>`org.eclipse.swt.internal.awt.win32.SWT_AWT$1.handleEvent(org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Event)':
>>SWT_AWT.java:75: error: cannot find file for class
>>sun.awt.windows.WEmbeddedFrame
>>SWT_AWT.java:75: internal compiler error: Segmentation fault
>>Please submit a full bug report,
>>with preprocessed source if appropriate.
>>See <URL:http://gcc.gnu.org/bugs.html> for instructions.
>>SWT_AWT.java: In class `org.eclipse.swt.internal.awt.win32.SWT_AWT$2':
>>SWT_AWT.java: In method
>>`org.eclipse.swt.internal.awt.win32.SWT_AWT$2.handleEvent(org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Event)':
>>

>I wonder if it would ever work to compile this with gcj when it tries to
>access a class name sun.awt.windows.WEmbeddedFrame. This class will/can
>never be provided by GCJ. Its a SUN JDK internal classs.
>

>Michael

Ok, I have deleted the dir
C:\thisiscool-gcc\swt\win32\scripts\org\eclipse\swt\internal\awt, then I
have compiled through the script build.bat but now I obtain only this
errors:

org/eclipse/swt/internal/image/SWTImageLoaders.java:6: error: Type
`GIFFileFormat' not found in the declaration of the local variable `x'.
           GIFFileFormat x = new GIFFileFormat();
           ^
org/eclipse/swt/internal/image/SWTImageLoaders.java:7: error: Type
`PNGFileFormat' not found in the declaration of the local variable `y'.
           PNGFileFormat y = new PNGFileFormat();
           ^
org/eclipse/swt/internal/image/SWTImageLoaders.java:8: error: Type
`JPEGFileFormat' not found in the declaration of the local variable `z'.
           JPEGFileFormat z = new JPEGFileFormat();
           ^
org/eclipse/swt/internal/image/SWTImageLoaders.java:9: error: Type
`WinBMPFileFormat' not found in the declaration of the local variable `q'.
           WinBMPFileFormat q = new WinBMPFileFormat();
           ^
org/eclipse/swt/internal/image/SWTImageLoaders.java:10: error: Type
`WinICOFileFormat' not found in the declaration of the local variable `p'.
           WinICOFileFormat p = new WinICOFileFormat();
           ^
5 errors

Any ideas?

Thanks