Compiling "static" applications with SWT/GTK

Mohan Embar gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Mon Dec 1 12:39:00 GMT 2003

Hi People,

> > However, the problem is *usability* as pointed out
> > earlier.
>
>It's been pointed out, but I do not believe that an executable
>packaged with a DSO is any less "usable" than a statically linked
>executable.

I'm probably going to get tarred and feathered for this, but
I don't understand the deployment problem either. Even on
Windows, I typically make my deployment "unit" a small executable
plus a number of DLLs all deployed in the same directory.
This seems to me the best of all worlds, especially if the distributed
bundle contains not one, but possibly several interrelated
executables as is often the case.

Hey Ranjit and Steve: if you have so much time to write about this ( :) ),
can you weigh in on this:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/2003-q4/msg00438.html

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/