Where to find a CNI-Tutorial?

Per Bothner per@bothner.com
Tue Aug 26 16:47:00 GMT 2003

Andrew Haley wrote:

>  > That's what gnu.gcj.RawData is for.
>
> Following my experience with SWT, I can only advise people not to do
> this if at all possible.  Better to do everything that requires
> handling pointers in C++ and use a layer that isolates them in opaque
> structures.

But if you have a C++ data structure that contains pointers, how
do you get at this data structue from a Java object in the first
place?

It is possible to have a C++ table of C++ objects, and reference
the C++ objects using integer indexes, but that has some extra
overhead, including extra synchornization issues.
--
	--Per Bothner