Why does this program cause an NPE in LibgcjInternalFinalizerThread ??

David Daney ddaney@avtrex.com
Wed Aug 20 19:34:00 GMT 2003

Tom Tromey wrote:

>Tom> Here's another try.  This one also doesn't fix the problem you're
>Tom> seeing :-(
>
>Spoke too soon -- I forgot to install the new library.
>With this patch I can no longer make the test program fail.
>
>Tom

Thanks, that seems to fix the problem in the test program.  There is
still a problem in our application that I am investigating.  More on
that later perhaps.

One question I did have is this:

It seems that it is possible for a thread to be inside of
natReference.cc holding the Reference's lock when the garbage collector
stops the thread.  If this were to happen, the garbage collector would
block forever waiting to obtain the lock when it entered.

Is this possible?

Dave.