libgcj signal handling problem

Andrew Haley aph@redhat.com
Tue Aug 19 16:45:00 GMT 2003

Cesar Eduardo Barros writes:
 > On Tue, Aug 19, 2003 at 03:00:07AM -0700, Andrew Morton wrote:
 > > Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com> wrote:
 > > >
 > > > Andrew, I have appended a patch.  I'd be grateful if you would try
 > > >  this patch on the system where you observed the problem.
 > >
 > > ah, sorry, I was not the person who reported the problem.  It was
 > > Cesar Barros (Cc'ed here).
 > >
 > > Perhaps he can test the change..
 >
 > Wow, you guys are *FAST*. I never thought it would reach the gcc mailing
 > lists before being sent to the gcc bugzilla :P

The speed of response usually depends on how interesting I think a bug
is.  This one is Very Interesting.

 > If you want me to test, you'll have to wait some hours; it's a K6 350,
 > so it will take some time to compile. I'll get back to you after I have
 > the results. From what I have understood, any box with 2.6.0-test3 will
 > have the same problem, so if you want to test, I'm attaching the
 > original testcase. It will be faster than waiting for me to compile ;-)

I want you to test it, so that we can prove the bug is fixed on the
exact same kernel that displayed the problem.  You don't need to
rebuild all of gcc, just go into i686-linux-gnu/libjava and 'make
libgcj.la; make install-exec'

Thanks!