SWT, GCJ, semi-static binary ?

Rutger Ovidius ovid@mailandnews.com
Tue Aug 19 00:32:00 GMT 2003

>===== Original Message From Anthony Green <green@redhat.com> =====
>If the system class loader is asked to load class foo.bar.Zoo, it will
>try to load the following, in order: lib-foo-bar-Zoo.so, lib-foo-bar.so,
>lib-foo.so.

A quick follow-up (not that I understand it any better):

the culprit:
private static final ResourceBundle bundle =
ResourceBundle.getBundle("g2gui");

changed to:
private static final ResourceBundle bundle =
ResourceBundle.getBundle("stupid");

reveals (with strace) a ton of attemps to load this as a lib.
open("./i686/lib-stupid.so", O_RDONLY)  = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
open("./mmx/lib-stupid.so", O_RDONLY)   = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
open("./lib-stupid.so", O_RDONLY)       = -1 ENOENT (No such file or
directory)
open("/etc/ld.so.cache", O_RDONLY)      = 4

Is this correct?  Should it be preventing others from using this binary?