Moving java.net.Plain*SocketImpl to java.java.net.Plain*SocketImpl ?

Mohan Embar gnustuff@thisiscool.com
Sat Aug 16 16:05:00 GMT 2003

Hi Michael,

>I would like to move the two classes java.net.PlainSocketImpl and
>java.net.PlainDatagramSocketImpl to gnu.java.net to make them "public
>final" and add some public methods needed only by java.nio socket
>channel implementation.

This is along the lines of what I suggested here:

http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2003-04/msg00222.html
(see "I don't know what they JDK does, but...")

I don't see any other way unless you do some horrifying
code duplication between java.nio and java.net.

-- Mohan
http://www.thisiscool.com/
http://www.animalsong.org/