starting with java

Simon Rutishauser simon.rutishauser@gmx.ch
Thu Aug 14 18:22:00 GMT 2003

What gcj version, where did you get it?
www.thisiscool.com ?
It has a lot of samples where you can see how to compile things.

How are you compiling?

creating an exe works like this:

gcj --main=MainClass -o MyProg.exe MainClass.java OtherClass.java

(for compiling & linking in one step)
you can also use class files as input there but using java-Files is
supposed to result in better optimization (???)

to create Classfiles use the
-C
parameter

I actually was quite suprised "gcj --help" doesn't show that - but it's in
the manpage which you (even as a W2k user) should read, too

Peschmä