running gcj compiled jboss client

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Thu Aug 7 04:16:00 GMT 2003

>>>>> "Ryan" == Ryan Boder <icanoop@bitwiser.org> writes:

Ryan> The first thing it does is create an InitialContext and then
Ryan> gets a remote object reference from it. The problem is that with
Ryan> Suns java it works but with gcj a NamingException is thrown when
Ryan> I try to do anything with the InitialContext.

Ryan> (using gcj 3.2.2 from RedHat 9)...

I can't say for sure, but you might be running into PR 11349, which
was fixed long after 3.2.2 was released.

If not that, then you're running into some as-yet-unknown bug.