win32: Why exports of JNI_* symbols from _exe_ files

Ranjit Mathew rmathew@hotmail.com
Tue Aug 5 04:41:00 GMT 2003

Danny Smith wrote:
> Removing  __declspec(dllimport) from the declaration of foo in main.c fixes.
> Also, even if foo() does live in dll and has the __imp__ prefix, the
> dllimport attribute is not necessary and the fixup will occur in the dll.

Yes, but isn't there a performance penalty to this?

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/vccore98/HTML/_core_using___declspec.28.dllimport.29_.and___declspec.28.dllexport.29.asp

(or http://tinyurl.com/j0r0 if the above URL is mauled)

> I'm wondering if the JNIEXP attribute should also be removed from the definitions
> in jni.cc.  If you want to specify what goes into a .dll, can always use a .DEF file
> when building the dll (or .exe for that matter).

Yeah, but that's cumbersome... Or maybe not - since this
DEF file has to be created only once - it's not like
new JNI methods are being added every now and then.

~shrug~

Ranjit.

--
Ranjit Mathew          Email: rmathew AT hotmail DOT com

Bangalore, INDIA.      Web: http://ranjitmathew.tripod.com/