Compiling CygWin ARM GCC and GCJ cross compiler

Øyvind Harboe oyvind.harboe@zylin.com
Mon Apr 28 12:09:00 GMT 2003

I run into problems when configuring the compiler. NO_GETUID is
not defined for my target(barebones ARM), in acconfig.h

What option should I pass in to the cross compiler when configuring it?

I'm currently using:

../gcc/configure --target=$TARGET --prefix=$PREFIX --with-gnu-as --with-gnu-ld --with-newlib=yes --with-headers=../newlib-1.11.0/newlib/libc/include --enable-languages=c,c++,java

The references that I'm using for this project are...

- This is the basic recipie I've been following for compiling a CygWin ARM
cross compiler http://billgatliff.com/articles/gnu/gnu-arm7t.html/index.html
- the recipie above has a "bug in it". The fix is described here:
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc-bugs/2003-04/msg00400.html
- Here is something that I found on NO_GETUID(old).
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java-patches/1999-q4/msg00091.html

- got GCC 3.3 from CVS
- binutils-2.13.1
- gdb-5.3
- newlib-1.11.0 (I first tried with newlib-1.9.0, but that failed).

Øyvind