gcj and jikes

Tom Tromey tromey@redhat.com
Fri Apr 25 21:34:00 GMT 2003

>>>>> "Erik" == Erik Poupaert <erik.poupaert@chello.be> writes:

Erik> If I understand this right, making it easier on people or
Erik> otherwise more attractive to contribute would go a long way in
Erik> solving outstanding technical issues. In such case the point w/r
Erik> to integrating with Jikes, would probably be moot anyway.

Sure, but this would probably require rewriting most of parse.y to
start with.  The parser itself is ok (not perfect, but good); the
analysis phases are less than ok.  The data structures used in the
analysis are fairly opaque, at least in my opinion.

Erik> By the way, does anybody know how Mauve testscripts are supposed
Erik> to be written? I've looked at several, and they all look
Erik> different. Is there some kind of standard?

You mean formatting-wise?  Nope, no standard.