Status on GCJ for ARM

Anthony Green green@redhat.com
Thu Apr 24 16:45:00 GMT 2003

On Thu, 2003-04-24 at 05:54, Øyvind Harboe wrote:
> Does anyone have any war-stories on GCJ for ARM?

It builds and I have run programs on the armulator.  There is no
networking, file I/O or thread support - since it's running on bare
metal with no OS support.  Porting to an OS should be relatively easy.

> I'm working on an ARM project and have been tipped
> to have a look at gnude.sourceforge.net

I wouldn't bother with `gnude'.  They obviously haven't built the libgcj
library, and GCC 3.1 is pretty old.

Try following the instruction I gave in that thread you referenced.  Try
using the GCC 3.3 branch for your gcc sources, and the latest released
versions of binutils, gdb, etc from ftp.gnu.org.

AG