compile question about dll of windows

Jean-Francois Briere jfbriere@myway.com
Wed Apr 9 22:25:00 GMT 2003

The link mentioned below (http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/java/2002-12/msg00287.html) seems very promising BUT
has anyone succedeed to execute this command on Window$:
mingw32-gcj -shared -o libgcj.dll -Wl,--out-implib,libgcj.a -Wl,--export-all-symbols *.o
Where *.o refer to all the object files extracted from original libgcj.a

Either on the Window$ command line or with MSYS/MinGW, I get the usual "Invalid argument" error (this is usual when there are a lot of object files on the command line).

I also tried the linker directly:
ld -shared -o libgcj.dll --out-implib libgcj.a --export-all-symbols *.o
On MSYS/MinGW: the usual "Invalid argument" error...
On Window$ command line: the all-too-sweet-Micro$hit-one-of-too-many-funny-messagebox "Low in Virtuel Memory..." appears, then the command returns and then..... libgcj.a = 0 bytes libgcj.dll = 0 bytes! Wow! Thanks Micro$hit/Window$

I use Window$ XP Home SP1 on a Pentium 3 with 256 Mo.
Any workaround here?
Thanks!

Jean-Francois Briere