Multiple Definitions of

Philip T. Gonia phil.gonia@verizon.net
Tue Apr 8 06:18:00 GMT 2003

Sounds like a likely problem. However here are the methods I have tried
so far and each fail.

The first which results in the issues I posted here is as follows (a
small part of a make file.):

com/rbnb/sapi/e.o com/rbnb/sapi/f.o com/rbnb/sapi/g.o
com/rbnb/sapi/ChannelMap.o \
com/rbnb/sapi/ChannelMapBeanInfo.o
com/rbnb/sapi/ChannelMap$$ByteOrderEnum.o \

I also tried this which does not work at all:

com/rbnb/sapi/e.o com/rbnb/sapi/f.o com/rbnb/sapi/g.o
com/rbnb/sapi/ChannelMap.o \
com/rbnb/sapi/ChannelMapBeanInfo.o
com/rbnb/sapi/ChannelMap\$$ByteOrderEnum.o \

Since neither of these methods work, what is the correct way of
escaping from these problems, sort of
speak. 8-)

On Monday, April 7, 2003, at 07:29 AM, Jeff Sturm wrote:

> On Sun, 6 Apr 2003, Philip T. Gonia wrote:
>> Below I provide a very small output of the current output of a build I
>> am doing from a make file.
>> The problem starts at the request to compile an inner class. It falls
>> apart from there.
>> com/rbnb/sapi/ChannelMap$ByteOrderEnum.o com/rbnb/sapi/ChannelMap.o
>
> You'll have to escape the '$' above to avoid interpretation by the
> shell.
>
> Otherwise you risk inadvertently linking ChannelMap.o twice, with
> exactly the symptoms you report.
>
> Jeff

Philip Gonia
phil.gonia@verizon.com