Multiple Definitions of

Philip T. Gonia phil.gonia@verizon.net
Mon Apr 7 03:36:00 GMT 2003

Hi,

What I am trying to compile is a set of class files of which I do not
have the source for.
So it would be hard for me to provide a test case. The best I could do
is provide you a link to the
WEB site from which I picked up the classes.

I am basically looking at GCJ as a means of reducing the memory foot
print of application code
(written in C and interfacing with this Java middle-ware application.)
The problem is that the C application
is targeted for an embedded system that has limited memory. The cost of
a JVM for each call
to a object in the Java system is to high. I understand that we may
have some of these same
problems with GCJ but my hopes are that they will be much less.

Anyway, I was hoping to create a .so library of the Java API we are
wishing to use. The first
part of this has been compiled into a .so file, less of course this one
inner class.

Would you be interested and continuing down a path toward resolving
this issue? If so, I can provide you with
a link to the middle-ware application we are interested in using.

On Sunday, April 6, 2003, at 03:17 AM, Andrew Haley wrote:

> It's hard to tell from the information you give here.  Can you please
> construct a small test case?  Then we can have a look.
>
> BTW, there are some known problems with inner classes, but I don't
> recognize this particular symptom.
>
> Andrew.

Philip Gonia
phil.gonia@verizon.com
Arthur C. Clarke, Author of 2001: A Space Odyssey.

"The only way to discover the limits of the possible is to go beyond
them into the impossible."