Language extensions ?

shudo@computer.org shudo@computer.org
Wed Apr 2 12:03:00 GMT 2003

From: Andrew Haley <aph@redhat.com>

>  > Of course suggestions about alternative ways of achieving my aims
>  > gladly accepted !
>
> Will http://www.rtj.org/doc/javax/realtime/RawMemoryAccess.html
> do what you need?

Those two classes Real-Time for Java provides are very interesting,
but I see them as classes representing physical memory area by nature
rather than virtual memory. Those classes are not just suitable for
the purpose of dealing with virtual memory.

It is possible to implement RawMemoryAccess and RawMemoryFloatAccess
which have modified semantics in which they represent virtual memory.
But this semantics change seems to be not very neat.

  Kazuyuki Shudo	shudo@computer.org	http://www.shudo.net/