Java/parellel build(?) related bootstrap failure

Gerald Pfeifer pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at
Tue Apr 1 23:38:00 GMT 2003

On Mon, 31 Mar 2003, Andrew Haley wrote:
> You perhaps need a module that checks out an approopriate subset of
> gcc.  It should be quite easy to create one.

Thanks for the hint.  Unfortunately, modules don't work nicely with
`cvs update` (one of the design bugs of CVS, that it after checkout,
it simpley ignores modules).

In case someone else has a similar problem, here is what I wound up
using now:

  cvs -q $CVS_EXT update -Pd -I\! -I CVS libjava \
  &&  cvs -q $CVS_EXT update -P -I\! -I CVS
  if [ ! $? ]; then
      echo "Error updating. Build aborted."
      exit 1
  fi