Language extensions ?

Per Bothner per@bothner.com
Tue Apr 1 16:20:00 GMT 2003

Andrew Haley wrote:
> Well, once the security model is done we can restrict it so that only
> privileged code can create RawData objects.

There is no such thing as a RawData object, and it is meaningless to
talk about creating them.  A RawData is nothing more and nothing less
that (void*) pointer "cast to" a Java reference.  Java code never does
anything with RawData except pass them around as opaque references.
Only native code can create or dereference RawData, so I don't see
how the security model will make any diference.
--
	--Per Bothner