Sequential build of libjava

Paul D. Smith psmith@gnu.org
Thu Sep 5 13:52:00 GMT 2002

I want to be clear: the problem only appears if you change the shell
that _make_ is using, by setting "SHELL = /bin/csh" or whatever _inside
your makefile_.

The shell that you are using when you _invoke_ make has no relevance
whatsoever: make never uses the user's shell when it invokes commands.
That would be disastrous!

I don't know for sure, but I sincerely doubt that anyone has set SHELL
to a C shell variant in the GCC makefiles!