class initialization check overhead

Adam Megacz gcj@lists.megacz.com
Wed Oct 23 21:33:00 GMT 2002

Jeff Sturm <jsturm@one-point.com> writes:
> Not without doing away with the calling convention, CALL_EXPR, etc.

Is this because there's no way to construct a java/c++ tree that
translates into a bare CALL without breaking abstraction barriers?  I
could see how that might be the case.

> Some trapping instruction might be better, like below.  This example only
> clobbers eax and memory, and overwrites the single-byte INT3 with one NOP.

Very cool... would this work for references to static members as well?

  - a

--
"Through your rags I see your vanity"  -- Socrates